Friday, March 13, 2009

"Our Models Will Strip For You"

I know we are living in "interesting times"(famous chinese curse) and the economic downturn has taken its toll on campus placements all over the world. So under such circumstances the title of this post must have made you think that I am planning to start a "strip club" as my entrepreneurial venture. You must be thinking that I am using this medium to promote my new venture with the help of this catchy tagline. And I am pretty sure some of my friends will be salivating at the prospect of getting free passes to this club of mine.

Sorry to disappoint you folks, I have no plans as such. Actually this tagline was used in print ads to promote a product which does a better stripping job than those "models" of your dreams. And the product was a "Paper Shredder". Surprised.......... ? Well I went through the same feelings. This brilliant idea was a brain-child of one Mr. Mukesh Manik who started his career selling paper shredding machines. The advertising agency he hired failed to get him the expected sales result so he decided to come up with his own creative for the advertisement. He created an ad which used the title of this post as it's tagline and carried a picture of paper shredder and released it in the classified section of the newspaper.

The enquiries he received and the subsequent sales it generated surpassed his expectations. Believe it or not the ROI on the advertisement was 550%. The success of this whole campaign boosted his confidence in his advertising acumen and he went ahead to start his own agency called Encyclomedia Networks Pvt. Ltd, which is mainly into ambient advertising. Well I am feeling too lazy to go on explaining what ambient advertising is? So I will leave you with the link to their website so that you can discover it yourself. Happy exploring :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ravi,

    This is Mukesh Manik. I appreciate that you have taken the time to write this blog about our work. Thank you for your compliment and positive comments. I wish you all the success for the future. Best regards, Mukesh Manik

    ReplyDelete